Student Transfer Requests
Intra-District Transfer Request Form (ENGLISH | SPANISH)
- The Intra-district transfer form is to be used if a parent wants child to go to another school within the district other than their home school in the district.
- The procedure starts at the HOME school. Parent completes the intra-district transfer form; home school principal signs form.The form is sent to the district office.
- The District Office will send a letter to the parent confirming receipt of the request and attaches the timeline for approval.
- Once the request is approved, it is good through 6th grade; however, the district has the right to rescind it due to poor attendance, tardiness, etc.
Inter-District Transfer (Entering RVUSD) Request Form (ENGLISH | SPANISH)
- The Inter-district transfer form is to be used if a parent wants child to go to a school outside their home district.
- Procedure starts at the HOME district. The parent completes the inter-district transfer form and returns it to the HOME district office. Once the HOME district releases the student, the form is sent to the Rincon Valley USD district office.
- The RVUSD office will send a letter to the parent confirming receipt of the request and attaches the timeline for approval.
- Once the inter-district is approved, it is good through 6th grade (even if the HOME district requires reapplying each year); however, Rincon Valley USD has the right to rescind it due to poor attendance, tardiness, behavior, etc.
- If an Inter-District Transfer is approved for Transitional Kindergarten, it will need to be renewed for Kindergarten. TK space is often available at Spring Creek Charter School, see below to find the Charter Transfer Form which is a different process.
- Binkley, Spring Creek Matanzas, Village, and Whited are charter schools. To transfer to these schools, you DO NOT need to complete the inter-district transfer form. Please use the Charter Transfer Form (below) for these schools.
Inter-District Transfer (Exiting RVUSD) Request Form (ENGLISH | SPANISH)
- The Inter-district transfer form is to be used if a parent residing in the Rincon Valley Union School District wants their child to attend a school in another district.
- The parent completes the inter-district transfer form and submits it to RVUSD district office. Before considering approval of an Interdistrict Attendance Permit to attend a school outside the Rincon Valley Union School District, a parent/guardian will schedule a tour of their resident school. Tour information and instructions are available at the Rincon Valley District Office.
- RVUSD does not require renewal each year.
K-6 Charter Elementary Schools Request Form (ENGLISH | SPANISH)
- Rincon Valley Charter Elementary Schools: Douglas Whited, Francis Binkley, Matanzas, Spring Creek, and Village Charter Schools do not require transfer permits from a resident district; however, there are priority levels for enrollment.
- A parent must fill out a K-6 Charter Request form (above) and submit it to the District Office - Cindy Mendenhall, Assistant to the Superintendent.
- Once the Charter Request is approved, a parent can take the approved transfer directly to the charter school office to register their child.
- Documents needed to register a student are as follows:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Up-to-date Immunization Records
- Copy of approved request
- Parent or Guardian photo I.D.
- Physical Form completed by the physician for all students entering Kindergarten
-Copy of IEP, if applicable