Whited Weekly 9/9/19
Monday, September 09, 2019
All Eagles Soar, Whatever It Takes!
I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weekend. We are looking forward to seeing all of the great smiles for picture day today.
- We are excited to support our district's Wellness Policy this year. We know the health of students is essential for learning to happen. Our social-emotional programs (Kimochis and Restorative Practices) support our students' emotional health, and our new PE program taught by Coach Martling is an exciting step toward kids' health, as well. Please remember that we no longer accept food for birthday celebrations. Check with your child's teacher for alternatives that can still make your child feel special on their big day. We will be sending food home, so please help us avoid having disappointed kids.
- Our Garden Club started up last week. We will be meeting for an hour after school on Thursdays. Students need a signed permission slip to participate and must be picked up promptly at 3:45. We would love for some parents to stick around to help if you are able to.
- Students were extremely excited to have the Big Toy open last week. They all learned the safety rules and have been doing an excellent job of following them.
- Our Superintendent, Tracy Smith, is forming a district budget committee and is looking for a parent from each school to join the team. This committee will meet once a month at the district office. Let me know if you are interested and I will get your information to Tracy.
- Dogs (with the exception of service dogs) are not allowed on our campus. That includes before and after school times, as well.
- If you have not yet set up your parent portal account, it is essential that you do that immediately. We need to make sure we have your child's information for safety reasons. Please stop by the office or call Mrs. Rossi and she can help you get it set up so you can complete the online forms.
Have a wonderful week!